This project started in 2004 and sits on 20 acres on the south area of Puerto Vallarta, not a long time ago this was just a ranch were cows and native tropical plants use to be the only population but now it has turned in to a beautiful living “museum” .
Hundreds of “Blue Agaves” (the plant where Tequila comes from) can be found over the hills giving the this place a great Mexican atmosphere.
With 100s of different species of plants this is truly a paradise for people who can appreciate nature and this is just a sample of the botanical collections that you can find on this garden:
– ENDANGERED MEXICAN NATIVE PLANT PROPAGATION NURSERY
– NATIVE BROMELIAD COLLECTION
– AQUATIC PLANT POOL
– COFFEE, CHOCOLATE, and VANILLA GARDEN
– GEORGE AND MARY ELLEN HOLSTEIN MEXICAN & VANILLA ORCHID CONSERVATORY
– TREE FERN GROTTO
– NATIVE TREE COLLECTION
– BLUE AGAVE HILLS
– CARNIVOROUS PLANT DISPLAY
– PALM & CYCAD WALK
– TROPICAL FRUIT TREE GROVE
– RIVER WALK
– ROSE GARDEN
– VIREYA RHODODENDRON COLLECTION
– ANTHURIUM DISPLAY GARDEN
– SACRED AND MEDICINAL PLANTS
– TROPICAL BUTTERFLY GARDEN AND INSECT COLLECTION
– GALIANA FAMILY CACTUS & ARRID LANDS GARDEN
The Hacienda de Oro restaurant located right in the gardens will offer you and your family a wide variety of food & refreshments to make this a perfect day.
NOTE: The Vallarta Botanical Gardens started a US based 501(c)(3) not for profit “Friends of the Vallarta Botanical Gardens A.C.” to allow them to accept tax-deductible donations from individuals and foundations.
Please contact us with any questions or concerns that you may have about this beautiful location, we are always happy to help.