The rainy season is in town and while it’s just beautiful to hear the droops at night it is also the time for us to get a thunderstorm once in a while. Most of lightning accidents during outdoor activities so these are some TIPs that will keep you safe and having fun!
– Always pay attention – The best way to avoid a lighting accident is to simply identify and avoid being outside during a thunder-storm
– Know your situation – lighting is just a huge charge of electricity, water conducts electricity….do you get the idea? Don’t wait until is too late dancing on the rain.
– You will get a warning – Don’t ignore it, you can hear a thunder up to 10 miles away so if you hear it while you are outdoors then you are already in the danger zone.
– Not time to be eco-friendly – Look for shelters as soon as possible but realize that not all shelter is the same, under a tree is bad option. If possible choose a big enough building with some kind of plumbing or wiring or a car.
– Keep a low profile – But what if you are away from any shelter or cars? Well, finding shelter is your best option but if for some reason is not available then you should try to reduce the risk and avoid becoming a lightning rod yourself. Stay away from: trees, flag poles, power lines or any stand alone metal structure. Crow down to the ground but do not sit, kneel or lie down. The idea is to touch the ground as little as possible.
– Don’t forget about your pets – Yes, all these tips also apply to your pets, they already have an instinct for these things but they are better off if you help them.
Most likely you won’t remember these all these TIPS next time you are on a thunder-storm but hopefully you won’t forget that: “While you are in Puerto Vallarta and a thunder roars……go indoors”
We have plenty of safe tours and activities that are compatible with the rainy season, just contact us for a list.
Enjoy the summer and the beautiful rain that visits Puerto Vallarta sometimes during this season.