Mexico offers a refund to our visitors from other countries on the taxes paid because they are not obligated to such charges. Taxes apply in the following cases: hiring on independent services, accommodations, import of goods or services. The only items that are not included on the payment of this taxes are basic food items and medicines.
To get a refund on the taxes that you paid while you visited Puerto Vallarta you should take the following in consideration:
– You have to keep all legal receipts (or “facturas” if applies) from all items or services purchased in Mexico.
– The total amount spent in Mexico has to be a minimum of $1200 PESOS
– All articles declared on your purchase tickets have to leave the country
– You have to leave the country via airplane or cruise ship
– You have to stay in the country under 180 days for this to apply
In order for the taxes to be refunded you have to ask for this form in the airport or marina, in this form you will have to indicate the articles or services that you are claiming a refund, make sure to include all receipts and forms of payment. If the mount to be refunded is under $10,000 Pesos then you may receive the full amount in cash in pesos. In some cases they may refund 50% on cash and 50% in a deposit to the account that you specify in a period of 40 days.